I always like to recap and you can see a detailed post in my main blog at Decorating by Donna but just to summarize, here's what happened.
- Coastal Colors were still the favorite.
- Magic Potion (a muted purple) was the popular hue for the Master bedroom.
- Light grays were replacing beige in the homes.
- Clients were NOT liking beige in their home (YES)
- Stronger, bolder colors like Navy and Teal were popular.
- Gold (Westminster Gold) was VERY popular.
- Orange (Tangerine Tango) didn't even get to be used in pillows (fail color)
- Blue as usual, was the #1 hue to have in the home.
- Hands down, Benjamin Moore colors were asked for.
- Sherwin Williams used only for exterior.
- Clients asked for “light and bright” hues.
- Muted colors were considered “dirty”.
I'm really looking forward to 2013 because I added a few new services to my business. You can also read about them on DecoratingbyDonna.com in detail.
I think the biggest change this year for me was the huge request for Virtual Color Consultations. I choose color homes from Mexico City, Gettysburg, Iowa, Oklahoma, Canada, and a home renovation in New Jersey because of Sandy just to name a few. I'm so glad that I was able to help people who needed color without me even stepping into their home.
So, I'd like to thank all of you, my readers and biggest fans. I'm so glad you stick around to read about my views on color and Interior Design. I seem to spend more and more time on DecoratingbyDonna.com so don't forget to add that site to your blog roll as well because I have TONS of subjects to cover about getting the right color for your home … in 2013.